Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Unfinished Basement Pitfalls

We moved into our new(er) home in October 2012.  We love it but it has needed some love (not much just your usual move in projects) and so we are still settling in.  It doesn't help that the basement is unfinished and so being the DIY groupie I am the basement has been headquarters for projects.  Really it's been awesome.  Except it's littered with projects.  Namely our Farmhouse King Size Bedframe (ana-white.com), a bathroom step stool for the girls bathroom (also ana-white.com), a $5 thrift table I've been promising myself to refinish/paint and an old entertainment center I want to turn into a kitchenette.  Okay...see a pattern here?  Lots of projects in the works and I'm sitting here telling you about them instead of working on them.  Oh and how about I add on another project (or two).




I am planning to switch dressers between the girls room and ours.  I inherited a beautiful (damaged but beautiful) old Abernathy armoire style dresser three or four years ago.  It introduced me into a love of refinishing items and working with my hands on more than just sewing projects and crafts.  Anyway I painted it black and distressed it a little and my twin girls inherited when they were born.  Now I want to move it into our room and refinish my old dresser for them.  I am thinking a turquoise wash or possibly stain for this dresser to go with their room decor that I just love.  So as of today it found it's way downstairs with all of the others.  Poor lonely pieces of wood just waiting for me to love them.

Did I mention the bookcase I bought used for the girls closet that really needs an overhauling???  No no don't mention that.

No comments: