Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Grilled Chicken Marinade...

*aka Hello Summer!

I don't know about you but for me summer equals grilling.  I love a tasty burger, flavorful chicken or a juicy steak on the barbie.  I grew up with a full grill but came into a marriage with a husband who's family is not big on grilling.  We had a small camping type grill but I dreamed of bigger.  Well a couple weeks ago we got this beauty at Home Depot on a reported "Black Friday" deal for summer.  Nothing super fancy but better than I was hoping for.
We christened it with hot dogs and chicken.  Not my ideal but I was too excited to use it to wait for our next trip to the grocery store.  We used a friends' chicken marinade recipe with some "ooops..crap" mistakes.  I'm including their version and ours below for your grilling fancy.  Both are delicious.



Grilled Chicken Marinade #1  (ours)

16 oz Sprite
1 C Worcestershire sauce (I didn't read the bottle and thought it was soy....ooooops)
1 C Vegetable oil
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1/4 C squeezed orange juice (I didn't have lemon juice...crap)

Let it marinade in the fridge for 12-24 hours and then grill.  Covers 4-6 chicken breasts.

Grill Chicken Marinade #2 (theirs)

16 oz sprite
1 C Soy sauce
1 C Vegetable oil
1/4 Garlic powder
1/4 C lemon juice

Let it marinade in the fridge for 12-24 hours and then grill.   Covers 4-6 chicken breasts.

No comments: