Friday, December 23, 2011

Free Craft Friday -- The No Mantel Solution

I wasn't going to post a Free Craft Friday today.  But would it really make since to post a craft for Christmas after Christmas?  So I give you my "we don't have a mantel or fireplace" solution.  I saw the idea of using a curtain rod with stocking hangers on Pinterest but we don't have a mantel or shelf in our home to put our stocking hangers on so I decided to try something different.

I dug out a curtain rod that I never used and picked up some removable adhesive hooks from the store.  I realize these aren't the best looking hooks (I wasn't sure it would work) but I would definitely put in a few more dollars for the nicer looking ones if I did this again.  Hopefully you can look past the tacky appearance to see an idea that could work for you if you don't have a mantel or fireplace.  Our stockings were hanging off of a floor lamp prior to this so this is a definite improvement.  I hung this over our staircase by the front door but any wall would work.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

*once again N2C Original means I didn't find the idea (at least not exact with this one) on another site to credit them.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a clever idea! I'll have to pass it along to my mom, she doesn't have a fireplace and is always looking for a way to hang stockings.

Unknown said...

I think this turned out perfectly!! I think I'm going to give it a try next year :)

Michelle D said...

Thanks Tiffany and Jullee. I definitely liked the solution and will be doing it again myself next year (with nicer stocking and adhesive hooks hehe) Hope you both had a great holiday :)