Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Baked Tomato Mozzarella Salad

Baked Tomato and Mozzarella salad
6Roma tomatoes; thinly sliced
3 tbspOlive oil
Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
8 ozFresh mozarella ball; cubed
2 tbspFresh basil; chopped
1 clove
Roasted garlic ; mashed into paste
1/8 cBalsamic vinegar (original calls for 1/4 c; I only use a few splashes...this is the trick between good and great) 
1/2 cSliced olives (my spin on it...not original recipe)

  1. Preheat 250*. Grease baking sheet. Arrange tomato slices in single layer and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bake tomatoes til leathery and a bit brown with crunchy edges (approx 2 hours). Remove from oven and cool completely. Combine roasted tomatoes, cheese, basil and garlic in large bowl. Add sliced olives. Season to taste. Stir in 1/4 c (1/8 c) vinegar and 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix and let marinate for an hour or longer before serving.



*I will have to snap a picture next time I make it but for now this is kind of what it looks like*
Instructions

* for the life of me I can't remember where I found this recipe online.  I've made it a few times now...perfecting my first try which was really good and subsequent tries that were not so great.  I think it is back to being really good. 

Whip It Up Wednesday is now going to be Tasty Tuesday...check back for (hopeful) tasty new recipes each week.

No comments: