Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Ham Fried Rice

My mom has been making the best ham fried rice since I can remember.  It's super yummy.  Probably not really good for you but the taste says "eat me anyway".  I do of course.  Plus it's a recipe that leaves leftovers for work lunches or leftover night (we've been doing more of this to save on our budget).

Ham Fried Rice

1 stick of butter
6 eggs - scrambled in a bowl
3/4 C of frozen peas and carrots
8 oz cubed ham
4 cups cooked rice
Soy sauce
salt and pepper
1/2 can bean sprouts (optional - my girls won't eat them so we forego usually)


In a large skillet heat up stick of butter until it's melted and sizzles a little.  Pour in your beaten eggs and scramble them.  Next add ham and allow it time to heat up (pre-cubed is already cooked).  Then add frozen peas and carrots (I use about 1/2 the package) and give this time to thaw and heat.  Once everything in the skillet is cooked combine it with your cooked rice in a large bowl (this helps to avoid spilling).  Serve while still hot or warm.  It does reheat really well for leftovers as well.

No comments: